This card is a stepped-up version of one my upline created and demonstrated to me. I just loved it and couldn't resist adding some glitter, pearls, and ribbon to the free. A very fancy card that I gave my mom this year.
Here is a close-up look at the tree:
Here is a close-up look at the icycle trim:
- Snow Swirled Stamp Set
- Old Olive, Baja Breeze Class inks
- Whisper White Craft ink
- Dazzling Diamonds
- Silver Cord
- Pearls from the Pretties Kit
- Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Whisper White cardstock
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Crystal Effects
- Two-way Glue Pen
- Mini Glue Dots
Non-Stampin' Up! Product Used:
- White sheer/satin trimmed ribbon
- Wax paper
Creating the Icycle Trim
- Cut a piece of wax paper.
- Using Crystal Effects, draw a line of crystal effects on the wax paper (at least 4-1/4).
- Then using the tip of the crystal effects bottle, "pull" some of the crystal effects down to create the icycle look.
- Then cover with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
- This takes some time to dry!!! I waited over night before adhering to card front (top).
Creating the tree panel
- Stamp the Snow Swirled Tree on Whisper White cardstock.
- Add glitter where desired using two-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.
- Add pearls from the Pretties Kit and adhere using Mini Glue Dots to desired locations on the tree. I used 2 different sizes.
- Create a bow from ribbon and adhere to top of tree using Mini Glue Dots.
- Twirl the ribbon ends and adhere the bottom with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere this panel to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Creating the card front
- Stamp Snow Swirled Snowflakes in Baja Breeze.
- Clean the stamp.
- Now re-stamp over the existing snowflakes with Whisper White Craft Ink. Allow a few minutes to dry.
- Using the smaller strips, adhere the Baja Breeze horizontal strip onto the Old Olive horizontal strip.
- Wrap silver cord around the strips 3 times.
- Adhere strip to card front with SNAIL Adhesive.
When the icycle trim is dried, using SNAIL adhesive along the top, then place the trim on top of it. Or use a few drops of Crystal Effects across the top and then place the trim on top of it.