This week we're doing something a little different with our Happy Stampers blog hop. As many of you may have noticed, the founder of this hop, Sandi MacIver, hasn't been able to join us for the last few weeks. She's been dealing with some significant health issues and she's having surgery today to start her treatment. We wanted to let Sandi know that we were all thinking of her, so we've all created a card using this week's Color Challenge that will send a little hug her way. We're looking forward to having Sandi join us again soon!
Sandi is such an inspiration and creates the most beautiful cards. I try and be like her and every week when I create, I'm thinking Sandi-Style...but then with my own personal touch -- which normally is in the form of "bling" and those Rhinestones I love so much. Not sure if I'll ever be able to do water coloring like she does, but I love looking at every project she creates and am like "WOW!" Check out her blog at StampinWithSandi.com if you haven't already.
Color Combo Challenge
Today, I'm featuring the beautiful Botanical Gardens designer series paper and the Butterfly Basics Bundle from Stampin' Up! There's lots of depth and layers to this card, so I hope the side view helps you see how the framing was accomplished :D
My card has a splash of the Cajun Craze and Mint Macaron too.
Stamping TechniqueSpecifically showing a picture of the ferns/leaves as I used the Marker Technique and Rock-n-Roll together. LOL. So, I colored the stamp with Old Olive marker (as I couldn't find the ink pad!!!! uuuggghhhh)....then I literally stamped the image on Basic Black ink pad (without "rolling") and this was the result. And I love it! Definitely different and I don't think it could be accomplished any other way (even if you took a Black marker and tried). I love how the edges of certain leaves picked up the black. What would you call this technique? hmmmmm.... Would love to hear your comments?
When making this cardYou could actually do today's card I think in 10 minutes or less!
- Card base is Basic Black.
- Then a Hello Honey patterned piece of Botanical Gardens DSP adhered to that (4 x 5.25).
- Next I stamped on the Whisper White piece of paper (3.75 x 5). I stamped the ferns in Old Olive/Black, the flowers in Mint Macaron, and the greeting in Basic Black.
- Then with a floral piece of Botanical Gardens DSP, I cut out the center with the Labels Framelits collection. Then adhered it to the Whisper White with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then tied ribbon around that entire panel.
- Adhered the front panel to the Hello Honey with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the medium butterfly in the Butterfly Basics Framelit collection using a Cajun Craze patterned paper and adhered with Mini Glue Dots.
- Add the bling and you're done!
Stampin' Up! ProductsStamp set
- Butterfly Basics Bundle (so you get the Butterfly Basic framelits!)
- Basic Black ink pad
- Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
- Whisper White (for greeting)
- Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper
- Basic Black (for greeting and card base)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (to add the "bling" I love so much!)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (to give depth and raise the elements on the card)
- Labels Framelits Collection / Big Shot
- Butterfly Basics Framelits Collection / Big Shot
- Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Ribbon
- Mini Glue Dots
- SNAIL Adhesive
Happy StampersNow it's time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers designers have come up with for this week's challenge. They are super talented and you are sure to enjoy their projects!
Heather Wright-Porto (you are here! Thanks for visiting me!)
Next on our Happy Stampers hop is the very artistic and creative Amy Koenders!!!!!
Beautiful Card Classes And So Much MORE!Come join us at Stamping and Blogging where there is a new card class each month! Jan, Feb, and March 2016 showcasing products from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog!
In addition, there are
- over 60 stamping techniques to learn;
- over 2200 images as inspiration in our Gallery;
- One Sheet Wonders to use for your in-home stamping events (if you're a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator);
- How to Setup a Blog series for those using Blogger, TypePad or Wordpress from choosing a domain name, to creating a SEO-friendly post, to inserting images and video, to adding PayPal buttons and sidebar promo buttons....
- and so much more!!!!