Good morning stampers! It's Saturday...YES! The weekend is here and it's our weekly Technique Challenge inside Stamping and Blogging. This week it's the Masking Technique.
I'm featuring the Helping Me Grow stamp set by Stampin' Up! And even added a little Spotlight Technique too (notice I only colored the focal image). Enjoy!
Remember to jump on over to Sandi's blog to see what she's created this week!
Masking TechniqueSo.....I actually messed up a few times...so don't feel bad if you do! My focal image that will be masked came out great, but the other images were not always full. It was driving me nuts! LOL.
Okay, let's get started:
- Score and fold the card base (Whisper White).
- Emboss the card base front with the Mosaic Textured Impressions Folder.
- With the focal panel stamp the focal image(s) first using Basic Black (or StazOn Black if you are going to use the Aqua Painter for coloring). These are the ones you will create the mask(s) for.
- Stamp the same image(s) on scrap paper and cut out.
- Place over the original stamped image(s) to protect them.
- Then using the same stamp (or other stamps), and with the mask on top of the previously stamped images, stamp your new images (Basic Black). When you lift the mask, you’ll see the original stamped image(s) untouched and appear in the front (of all other stamped images).
- Color the focal image (the originally stamped image) using the 3 different shades of yellow: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry. I used a Blender Pen to color.
- Choose a greeting of your choice and stamp in the upper right corner of focal panel (Basic Black).
- Adhere the focal panel to the Crushed Curry designer paper with SNAIL Adhesive.
- Adhere the focal panel to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Want to see more Masking Technique cards?
YES!!! Then jump on over to my partner Sandi's blog! She's created a beautiful card this week featuring the Masking Technique. Enjoy :D CLICK HERE to view what I've created with the Masking Technique over the years.
Want to see more cards featuring Helping Me Grow?
Click here to see more! It's a new stamp set I got recently...do you have it? Here's a link to some of Sandi's cards too, featuring Helping Me Grow.
Want to learn more stamping techniques?
YES!!! We have over 65 stamping technique videos loaded inside Stamping And Blogging! We have a Technique Challenge every Saturday..and if you load up your artwork, you're welcome to link directly to your blog post that hosts that project!