Good morning stampers!
This month's technique is called Faux Silk. It's a really beautiful technique. This was my first time trying this :D
Faux Silk Technique
- You're supposed to use tissue (crepe) paper;
- stamp on it;
- let dry;
- crinkle it up;
- and continue coloring/watercoloing...
- Then adhere it to card stock (I used Whisper White paper).
- Then adhered to the base of my card.
- However, do you know I actually used a real tissue!!!! Can you tell? What do you think?
Also notice, the Flowering Flourishes stamp....it's both Pacific Point blue and Black. I first inked it entirely in Pacific Blue, then I took the Basic Black ink pad and just inked the edges (where I wanted). Since I was using a Clear Mount, I couldn't do the traditional "Rock n Roll" technique.
Stampin' Up! Products
- Basic Black Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Pacific Point Classic Ink Pad
- Basic Black Archival Stampin Ink Pad
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Flowering Flourishes Stamp Set (Clear/Wood)
Total Techniques TeamLet's continue to check out more Faux Silk artwork!
Heather Wright-Porto --- you are here - thanks for visiting me!
The next blog on this totally awesome, Totally Techniques blog hop is Sandi MacIver! She's very talented! Enjoy :D